1. How do I start my online application?
You will require a valid Singpass account to submit your application. If you have yet to set up your account, please visit Singpass website to do so. Setting up of your account will take some time, so please allocate sufficient time for this to ensure that the application deadline does not lapse.
When you have a valid Singpass account, you may proceed to create a user account on the application portal to start on your application form.
2. What is Myinfo?
Myinfo is a service that allows Singpass users to manage their personal data and pre-fill forms, with their consent, in digital services transactions. This includes government-verified data that is retrieved across participating Government agencies and data you contributed to form your Myinfo profile. This means that users need only provide personal data once to the Government, instead of repeatedly providing data for every online transaction.
Your Myinfo profile consists of two data field types:
(1) User-provided Information - The information updated on user-provided fields will be reflected on the application form after they have been updated and saved by the users.
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Home contact number
- Mailing address
- Monthly household income
(2) Government-verified Information - For government-verified fields, please contact the relevant source Agency to update any information in your Myinfo profile as these fields are not editable in the application form (refer to table below). The duration of this process will vary depending on each Agency and it will take an additional 1 working day for this information to be reflected on Myinfo after verification by the relevant Agency.
3. Am I eligible for a Myinfo profile?
Singpass users who have set up their 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) and have registered their email address or local mobile number will be eligible for a Myinfo profile.
For more information on Myinfo, you may refer to Myinfo FAQs or visit Singpass website.
4. How does Myinfo affect my application form?
For applicants with Singpass account, the Gateway application portal will automatically retrieve your personal data from your Myinfo profile once you have created a user account on the application portal.
For applicants with Foreign Identification Number (FIN), there may not be a complete set of Government-verified data in our systems. Therefore, you are required to update the respective fields on the application form.
5. When should I update Myinfo profile?
Please ensure that your Myinfo data is complete and accurate before starting on your scholarship application form. Subsequent updates made to your Myinfo profile will not be reflected on your application form.
Should you need to make any changes to the retrieved Myinfo data on your application form, you may click on the “clear Myinfo data” button if you have not submitted your form.
6. I encountered difficulties while trying to access the application portal. How should I proceed with my application?
Internet Explorer is the most compatible browser to access the application portal. Please avoid opening multiple tabs when accessing the application portal so that changes made on your submission can be captured correctly.
If you are still unable to access or submit your scholarship application, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the description and screen capture of your technical issue.